The words we choose dictate how we see, feel and behave. Here’s proof.
“The people you want to sell to are…
These words describe objects that sales reps want to:
Flash Forward – 2011
- How would you feel if you were considered a “suspect”?
- I’ll bet you shudder at the thought of a sales rep “probing” you
- Whenever I’ve had anything “close” on me it was always painful
The New Sales Lexicon
- Buyers buy for their customers
- Buyers are not prospects, suspects, or leads – they are humans
- They may not buy 24/7 – they buy when they’re ready
- Sellers exist because there are buyers
- Sellers do not probe, overcome, or close – they are humans too
- Sellers help buyers make better buys
Can You Give Up “I Love Lucy”?
- Can you give up sales terms that objectify people?
- Can you give up words that describe a world that never was?
- Would this help you sell more successfully?